New Developments & Redevelopments
What We Do For New Developments
Encycle Consulting works closely with developers, planners and architects to devise waste management and recycling systems for developments. There are many opportunities to minimise waste both during construction and in the smart design of the development.
Services for new developments include:
- Waste Management Plans for Development Approvals/Building Licence
- Green Star – advice for achieving operational waste credits
- Interior design systems for waste recovery
- On-site food waste treatment benefit analysis
- Identification of best practice opportunities, for example, circular economy and waste avoidance techniques
- Living Building Challenge – materials petal
- Construction waste minimisation strategy
- Construction Waste Management Plans
Encycle’s experience spans major buildings and precincts in a broad range of sectors including:
- Multi-residential buildings
- Commercial, retail and mixed use buildings
- Sport and leisure
- Waste industry
Optus Stadium, Perth WA
Development of a high-performance recycling and waste management system design.
Encycle identified an innovative yet practical solution that combined efficiency and safety of operations with optimal recovery of recyclables. Success was driven by collaboration and communication with the design team and operators to meet/exceed the ambitious brief.
Maitland Hospital, Maitland NSW
Drive significant improvements in recycling and waste management within the redeveloped hospital design.
Encycle worked closely with the client and design team to deliver a solution for the redeveloped hospital that enabled greater recycling and efficient waste management than previously possible. The resulting strategy achieved a closer alignment to the overarching sustainability strategies for the site.
Karrinyup Shopping Centre, Karrinyup WA
Achieve high performance recycling and waste management in line with the sustainability objectives of the Centre owner (AMP Capital).
Encycle develop an overarching solution that met the needs of managing waste streams from across the redeveloped shopping centre, including: retail, food court, specialist grocers and food & beverage offerings. Innovative approaches to recovery of food waste and a range of other recyclables were implemented and summarised in a practical Operational Waste Management Plan for centre management and for the Green Star rating.