Encycle Consulting Environmental Policy
Encycle Consulting is a waste and recycling consultancy located in Perth, Western Australia. Encycle provides professional consultancy advice to clients to improve their waste and recycling management.
Encycle believes in broadening the general understanding of sustainable development, as such we use the definition:
“Development that meets the needs of the present without compromising the ability of future generations to meet their own needs”*
Encycle is committed to conducting our operations in a way that is environmentally and socially responsible, and will continually review and improve these practices.
In the work that we undertake on behalf of our clients, in our own operations, we will comply and where possible exceed applicable legislation. We endeavour to raise the social norms of sustainability and encourage and support our clients to do the same.
In our day to day operations, Encycle continually seeks ways to ensure that we:
- Achieve targets that promote efficient use of resources, reduction of waste to landfill, reuse of materials where appropriate and the recycling of materials where possible
- Purchase goods made from recycled materials with minimal packaging
- Consider the environmental standards of suppliers and positively purchase from suppliers with high environmental credentials (including water, waste and energy minimisation practices, close proximity and social responsibility)
- Use public transport as much as possible to travel to and from the work place and meetings around the city
- Foster an awareness of environmentally-conscious practices and products to clients and working partners (demonstrate by example)
- Continually improve our practices through training, management review, evaluation and consultation
- Develop partnerships with organisations of similar values and environmental ethics for the positive exchange of ideas and resources to progress the industry
- Endeavour to avoid ‘green-wash(ing)’ through regular, transparent reporting of processes and accomplishments
- Regularly review our performance and publicly report our progress on an annual basis
- Set targets for improved environmental standards in the workplace
We seek to implement an Environmental Management System against ISO 14004 guidelines (on principles, systems and support techniques). The implementation of the Encycle Environmental Policy is the responsibility of the Directors and requires the individual participation and contribution by all Encycle personnel. On an annual basis the policy and corresponding principles, and the extent to which they are being met will be reviewed by the Directors and appropriate Encycle staff, and updated as required.
Anne-Marie Bremner and Jenny Campbell, Directors